Tuesday, June 03, 2003

http://publicserf.blogspot.com
Whine at me: publicserf@yahoo.com

When Trainboy got home today he declared, "I like school!" His class had gone on a field trip to a local park. I wasn't home to debrief him. So I'm guessing he played with Christopher, his new friend from yesterday. It was a good day for Trainboy, so he was happy all evening.

We had a supper of gyros, and just a little side note here, even though they're usually served with tomato and onion slices- add some green bell peppers. It makes them wonderful, imho.

After properly chewing and swallowing a mouthful I looked at the wife and said, "love you madly." This was nothing new, the kids let out their customary groans. Then Trainboy smiled at his mommy and said, "I love you madly too." It was more than Ms. Pikachu could take. She could barely suppress her laughter, "You people are so sick, now I KNOW I'm adopted." She's at the stage where displays of affection are embarrassing. She much prefers to just hit you on the butt. Since that wasn't an option, she made farting sounds because somehow that isn't embarrassing.

When we're at the grocery store, if we aren't in the plunger aisle, the Wife shops, and oftentimes the rest of us try to swat each other on the butt. I don't know who started it, but it's been going on for years. We're walking down an aisle, Ms. Pikachu gets bored, and all of a sudden "WHACK", your buttocks sting, and the war is on. I have walked through almost the entire store backwards. Trainboy will run all the way around the next aisle to come up from behind. It's just nuts. The kids think it's the greatest thing. We're an odd family, but reasonably happy.

This was kind of a short post, but I'm out of time.

The Publicserf


-

No comments: