Monday, June 23, 2003

http://publicserf.blogspot.com
Whine at me: publicserf@yahoo.com
Trainboy puts things together as best he can, but sometimes the results are amusing. He usually rides up front, and feels it's his job to inform me when the little green arrows say it's time to turn. If there's no green arrows we just keep going straight. It's like magic, the car tells us where to go. No wonder there are so many superstitions.

Giggles went home with her mother on Saturday. Here's a Giggles story- We were at a McDonald's drive-thru waiting for our order when a sprung-up pickup pulled up behind us. You couldn't miss him even though he was behind us. First of all, his headlights were about head high, the inside of the car was like daylight. Secondly, he had a powerful stereo and wasn't afraid to use it. We heard him before we saw him. Whump, whump, whump, whump.

Giggles declared, "I know that song!" She really knows her whumps apparently. She started hopping up and down. Ms. Pikachu couldn't resist, she started hopping up and down too. The car must have looked like it was nodding to the beat. The pickup driver smiled and waved. This only encouraged them. Laughs, yells, "He smiled and waved!" Even more enthusiatic bouncing. The stuff that inspires parent's nightmares. Okay, that story is done, time for another.

Ms. Pikachu has decided to take up the flute for Jr. High band. It's small, so it's easy for her to carry around. She realizes that her piano background makes it fairly easy to play. It seems like a good fit.

We watched RedHot a while back.
We've seen it before. The wife liked it so much I bought a copy from Amazon. It's a movie about some Russian classical music students wanting to learn rock and roll and they start playing it in secret. There's a lot of piano playing in it, both classical and rock. It seems to have inspired Ms. Pikachu to practice the piano again. So TV can have it's educational uses. But it's still used more for watching things like Ed Edd and Eddie

When I was a kid I never like the Three Stooges. I thought they were stupid, I didn't want to be stupid, I didn't want people to think I liked stupid. 'Ed, Edd and Eddie' is even dumber. I just love 'em. "Quit countin' your teeth Ed!" As I've gotten older I've learned I can embrace the stupid and still be me. "I am stupid, hear me roar. In numbers too big to ignore... I am voters." That was stupid.

Do that like Obi Wan Kenobi, "The force Luke, use the stupid force." Or, depending on your viewpoint, Darth Vader, "Give in to the stupid side of the force Luke. I'm your Father, Leia's your sister, life is stupid." A pretty good chunk of me is stupid, and I'm comfortable with that now. It's all part of...... growthfullness. Stupid growthfullness.

I have no idea where else to go with this post, apparently I've hit the stupid limit.

Publicserf









-

No comments: