Wednesday, November 26, 2003

http://publicserf.blogspot.com
Whine at me: publicserf@yahoo.com
Worked yesterday. Had problems feeling lightheaded- the doc calls it abnormal brain-wave activity. Since that has often meant a pain attack was coming I took a Tegretol to suppress it. Unfortunately, Tegretol, often makes me sleepy. Today was no exception. Usually I stay until the last minute. I went home earlier than that. Stuff needs to be done, but I was just too out of it.

When I got home the Superwife had prepared what I'd be tempted to call a corn chowder. It was kind of like potatoe (to throw Dan Quayle a bone) soup, but with corn, carrots, peas, and bacon. In the world of marketing we could call it Corn Chowder Ultra, or Corn Chowder Extra, or just Super Corn Chowder. When you stir it- as it goes around it's Turbo Corn Chowder! Not that it matters.

It was wonderful. More accurately- it is wonderful. Because there's a big pot of it in the fridge and I'll be eating it for days. Not that I mind. Crumble some crackers in it, sprinkle some pepper on it, and I'm in Mega Corn Chowder Heaven. So I'm ok with it.

The Superwife and Adorable Kids wanted to see the Looney Tunes Movie. So did I, but I knew I'd fall asleep during the flick no matter how good it was. Rather than sit through a white-knuckle drive and pay money to fall asleep I stayed home. Slept ten hours. Feel right pert.

Maybe I'll have a bowl of Ultra Mega Hearty and Wholesome Corn Chowder With Turbo Action! for breakfast (no PETA endorsement expressed or implied). Thus fortified I'll more than make up for my miserable performance yesterday. Slap me, I must be dreaming.
-

No comments: