Thursday, November 20, 2003

Phil Spector has been charged with murder. To my surprise it involves the shooting of a human being. I'd suspected it had to do with the control freak killing his ex-wife's (-Ronnie Spector) career.

In other news, Michael Jackson surrendered to authorities. During his cavity search he was heard to protest, "Stop some more! Stop some more!"
Remember, "Billie Jean is not my lover, she's just a girl" And there you have it.

At least 27 were killed in the blasts in Turkey. The suicide bombers were targeting British-related facilities but car bombs will never be considered a surgical strike. The camel-humping islamo-fascists obviously aren't concerned about collateral damage. There is a saying, "it's a dumb bird that craps in its own nest." They may eventually alienate every muslim government that would put up with them. It's too bad that car bombs give the killers quick deaths. At least they're dead and there are no long trials.

In other news, the Publicserf is now 47.
After I got home from work the nieces called and sang Happy Birthday. I didn't pick up the phone, I was happy to record it. Not knowing, the Superwife picked it up. Oh well. It was still sweet.

Then I drove the van to the mechanic. The oil light flickers when it's in drive and stopped. Gary the mechanic thinks it's a 50/50 chance that the oil pressure sender is failing. He'll order the part and we'll schedule a time to install it tomorrow. If it's not the sender it could be a big-bucks engine repair. On a 1992 Caravan with 190k miles? I don't think so.

Then it was on to the gym to pick up Ms. Pikachu after gymnastics. She can do more push-ups than anybody else in her group. They do them with their feet elevated on a beam. She can do 28, a burly girl like her mother.

When we got home again I called my sister in Tennessee. It was hard to talk because the kids were kind of rowdy. Ms. Pikachu had one of her Guinea pigs out. She held it up on its back feet and worked its front paws around like it was doing calisthenics. Apparently a pig will put up with a fair amount of abuse as long as it's well fed and watered.

The Superwife made a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. Four candles on the left, seven on the right. Not having a box mix handy she made it from scratch. It was a butter-milk chocolate cake recipe- quite good, almost like brownies. It was so rich it fairly screamed for ice cream. No ice cream. We are out of ice cream. Who ate all the cookies and cream? Not that I'm complaining. I had to make due with a glass of milk. It's a good life if you don't weaken.

Trainboy sang a different birthday song that they sing in his kindergarten. That kind of surprised me. He's as shy as I am. So it was really sweet.

And it's time for me to call it another night.

http://publicserf.blogspot.com
Whine at me: publicserf@yahoo.com

No comments: