Saturday, January 10, 2004

01/10
Visited the brother’s. While I was there we hit Wal-Mart for a P-47 Thunderbolt model. They’re pre-assembled, pre-finished, in 1:18 scale, which is rather huge.
List is $50, Wally World had been selling them for $40- not bad. But in their post-Christmas get-it-out-of-here frenzy they’d marked them down to $10- unbelievable.

Older Brother picked one up. I did not. I figured when I got home I’d check both Wal-Marts here, and maybe they’d have a selection of other planes too. It turns out one of the Wal-Marts here has nine P-47’s left, but they still want $35 for one. It also turns out that the P-47 is the only model Wal-Mart carried. It’s silly that it’s a $50 model on sale for $35 and I should be happy to buy one for that, but no, I want one for $10 now. This fool may not be parted with his money soon, but neither am I likely to get a T-bolt for $10. But I’ll keep checking. Since they have nine of them I ought to be able to at least get one for a better price.

If you know anybody who likes World War Two airplanes you could consider getting them one of these. They’re big models though. So big you may have to hang one from the ceiling. Just check Wal-Mart’s toy clearance aisle- long red box, with an airplane in the window.

http://publicserf.blogspot.com
Whine at me: publicserf@yahoo.com
-

No comments: