Saturday, June 05, 2004

06/04/05
Around noon Train Boy asked me if we could make a model. “Dad could we go downstairs and pick out a model?” Not “Could we go to a store and get a model” but, “Could we go downstairs and pick out a model.” His little question lets you know I’ve got quite a stock of them. I have a wall of them actually.

I was delighted he’d asked, and hoped I’d be able to help him build one with my impaired vision. He passed on all the big kits; he knew they were too much to do. “How about those models?” Tanks. Possible, but a little involved. How about one of these SnapTite kits? They don’t require any glue or painting. I’ve got a Stealth Bomber and a Wart Hog in SnapTite. A-10 Wart Hog it is.

I showed him how the instructions progressed and tried to let him do as much as possible. Around 1:30 he pronounced, “It’s starting to look like an airplane and it isn’t even dark yet.” He was happy, I was happy. Until the snag.

He was trying to put on a bomb and broke the mount. It wasn’t surprising, they can be hard to do. He was so frustrated he walked off. I told him I’d glue it and do the rest of the bombs for him.

The Super Mom looked at the box and said “Hey, the box says ‘For 8 and up’ so you were doing pretty good.” She’s a wonderful woman. Then I broke a bomb myself, and it was more for him to feel better about. I got them glued in my cross-eyed way and laid the plane on it’s back. I sat on the couch while I waited for the glue to dry and fell asleep. When I woke up Super Nurse had left for work, and Train Boy had finished his model. Good for him.

Later in the evening I asked him if he was hungry. “A little bit.” Then what would you like? “I don’t know, let’s check out the kitchen.” The older he gets the more he sounds like his older sister.

His favorite, Ramen Noodles, are out of stock. How about other soups? No. How about Easy Mac? We have a winner. The only thing I do better than the Super Mom is Easy Mac. I always make it with milk.

Then it’s Mucha Lucha on the Cartoon Network and time for bed.


http://publicserf.blogspot.com
Whine at me: publicserf@yahoo.com
-

No comments: