Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Well that was depressing.
At the Wednesday night Bible study/prayer service the subject was God's Rest. I had trouble hearing others talking due to the furnace running. Determined to contribute to the discussion, I made some points about how being at rest is being at peace. Christ said he gives peace to us. He also said if we follow his commands we will abide in Him. If we want God's peace we must abide in Him and be obedient to His commands. If we choose to be rebellious and sin, we lose His peace until we confess and repent.
I thought those were good points.
When we were finished somebody informed me that I'd basically made the same point she had, but that I'd elaborated a bit more. She smiled and said, "Great minds think alike."
I hate feeling embarrassed, and I hate feeling like a fool. If I don't know what other people have said I need to keep my mouth shut.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dale, remember that God uses all things for good. Maybe someone was there that needed to hear the words, again. Trust that God will use your moment, to bring goodness to someone.

mavis.neymeyer said...

That comment was left by your sister :o)