Friday, May 09, 2003

http://publicserf.blogspot.com
Whine at me: publicserf@yahoo.com

No post yesterday, just dashing this off before going to work.
Got home yesterday, walked into the kitchen. Fresh-baked cookies. She informed me they were oatmeal/raisin/ something/something and had lots of fiber. Gotta love a woman who worries about my colon. Ate lasagna, and watched K-19, the DVD the wife checked out from the library for me. Gotta love her, she finds stuff she thinks I'll like, even if she won't. Maybe she does like Harrison Ford. Will tell you about K-19 tonight, it won't take much.

While watching the movie it started to thunder. Trainboy was scared. Thought I'd help him confront his fear. Told him storms are really fun if you just watch them. So we went out on the front porch and sat in the swing. He lasted about a minute. Then he meekly asked, "Can we go back inside?" He did good going outside in the first place, we went back in.

The wife gave the kids a bath and I went back out on the front porch. Love storms. Lightning snapped smart salutes, and thunder sounded off. The trees howled like a crowd at a parade. It was amazing. Eventually the heavenly procession passed to the rear, and left behind was a world scrubbed clean after a pelting of raindrops, and a kindly breeze that brought the smell of lilacs to me. I was alone, but it was ok, it was wonderful.

The wife came out. We snuggled and kissed, immersed in lilac . The trees whispered like gossips. It was better.

Then it was time to put the kids to bed. The wife read to Ms Pikachu, I read to Trainboy. We read a book about trains, and another one called 'Sam and the Firefly,' because in it there is a, you guessed it, a train. Trainboy believes every good book has a train in it.

The plan was for him to fall asleep, then I'd post. I fell asleep before he did. He got the wife to read to him some more.
And here it is, the day after. Will try to post a review of K-19 tonight. Don't expect much.

The publicserf

No comments: