Tuesday, June 07, 2005

6-7-2005 II
The wife informed me she saw her wrist surgeon today. She’s healing, but still having pain. The most pain is in her shoulder and back though.

The shoulder/back pain started in January after an ice storm. While I was at work the Super Wife got out a ladder and started swinging a hammer at the ice damns growing on the roof. She did that for hours. When I got home she told me her shoulder hurt, and I said, “I’ll bet it’s a rotator cuff injury.” But I’m not a doctor. We all know that, but that won’t make me shut up.

Anyway, a few weeks ago she went to see our family physician about it. She thought it was probably a neck injury. Huh, what? She ordered an MRI and… she has three prolapsed discs in her neck. So the doctor was right after all. Treatment has been an anti-inflammatory/pain medication, but it hasn’t helped. Motrin works better.

Anyway, today when she saw the hand surgeon she asked him about her shoulder again. He pulled her arm back and asked if that hurt. Why, yes it did. “Rotator cuff.” So tomorrow she goes to see a physical therapist. And I was right too. Not that I’m pleased with myself, it seemed like an obvious call to me anyway. But I WAS right too.

When she made her appointment they said she could do the initial consult form on the web. Cool. It works for me. I love the web. Oddly enough, in Internet Explorer it said it couldn’t download the form. I tried twice, same result both times. So I started up Opera just to see if there was a difference. Indeed there was, it downloaded the form without any problem at all. It was a pleasant surprise, and prevented much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

If you don’t have Opera, and would like to try it you can get it here:
http://portal.opera.com/
What can I say? It works.

No comments: