Friday, June 10, 2005

6/10
Super Nurse was in Davenport. I figured I was eating by myself, and rather than have another burger I stopped at Hy-Vee and picked up some Chinese that we normally don't get. And two sides of pea salad and broccoli salad. If I ate all that I'd be ready to hibernate.

I'd just finished my chinese when who walks in but Train Boy, followed by Ms. Pikachu. "Hey, you did smell Chinese. You've got a pretty good nose! Dad you have to feed us." Apparently they didn't want to spend another day blowing time in a hospital lounge and Super Mom let them stay home. Well alrighty then, feed you I shall. So it was back to Hy-Vee for more Chinese.

When Super Nurse finally got home she was not happy. Due to her Mom being in a bed for the past several weeks her hair had gotten quite entangled. The day before, Tawnia, Super Wife’s sister, had said she would show up early the next morning to straighten it out. When Tawnia got there bright and early yesterday there was hair everywhere- all over Clare, all over the bed, all over the floor. She now has a large bald spot on the back of her head.

Super Nurse told the doctor she was not happy. The doctor tried to defend the nurse that did it. Super Nurse said, there was hair all over, it could get in the chest cavity and cause more infection. The doctor said, but it's a closed dressing, that won't happen. She said ‘it opened last week, it could open again, this is not acceptable.’ The doctor tried to put the best face on it, but she thought that actually he was as mad about it as she was. The last thing he wants is to have to deal with another nasty infection. The fallout could be interesting.

I told her that I didn't think that was the work of a concerned nurse. Anybody cutting hair wouldn't make that kind of a mess, or do it that badly. My guess is that it was a nurse they'd complained about getting even. It wasn't a haircut, it was an act of violence.

No comments: