Monday, June 09, 2003

http://publicserf.blogspot.com
Whine at me: publicserf@yahoo.com

Last night Trainboy became ill. He blew chunks on the bathroom floor. He was quite distraught, like he'd done something wrong. It reminded me of my Dad saying nothing was worse than having a sick kid. At the time I thought he meant that nothing was worse than having to deal with a sick kid because of all the trouble. Have a heaping helping of guilt with your sickness... feel better? Of course, after you grow up you realize he just meant there was nothing worse than not being able to help someone you love so much. I told Trainboy that getting sick happens and it wasn't his fault, the mess could be cleaned up. It was okay, and I just wanted him to feel better.

My sister is visiting from Tennessee. She brought along her youngest teen-age daughter, Giggles. Giggles and Ms. Pikachu are a couple of manic blondes. They could be sisters as easily as cousins. Giggles will stay for a few weeks.This week she'll help The Wife teach Vacation Bible School. Ms. Pikachu and Trainboy have a lot of fun when she's here. The level of noise rises exponentially. Fun, fun, fun. Where are my ear plugs?


My sister had told me she needed another car. Her Cutlass has served admirably but is on it's last legs. The fellow who sold me the Intrepid had a Black 1999 Buick Park Avenue. We scoped the web for reports and found it to be extremely reliable and had no accident history. A terrific price for the car. I took the afternoon off work and we went to the car dealer.

All six of us piled into the car. It's land-yacht big. Plenty of high-tech gizmos, including a compass in the rear-view mirror, heated side-view mirror. Nice car. Rode beautifully. 8-speaker sound, CD/cassette. Sold. The dealer said he'd replace the struts, touch up a few scratches, and sell it to her for less. He'll have it ready tomorrow, and she'll head back to Tennessee. Sis is happy. As long as it runs ok I'll be happy too.

Publicserf





No comments: