Friday, October 17, 2003

9/24
Potluck at work tomorrow. We go to Wally World for miscellaneous and sundry stuff. While the Superwife and kids are shopping for their things I head for the food section to find something to make.

I head back to the cake mix section. No, no cakes, don’t wanna do that. Have to do something different. I see easy to make cherry crisp. That’s possible. But looking at the box it looks like something that was at the school picnic, and it wasn’t too impressive. So I shall make one from scratch, or nearly so. I have decided, it shall be so.

Pick up a couple cans of pie filling and stuff I might need.

It’s late, too late to start cooking, but there’s no choice. Find a recipe and make cherry crisp. I find one and figure some adjustments will have to be made. It calls for a two-quart pan. I want it bigger, thicker, and it has got to be good. Into a pot go two big cans of cherries, cinnamon, and a little nutmeg.

Supermom comes down after reading to the kids and getting them asleep. I cannot find brown sugar. She says we don’t have any. She drives to a store to get me some. Either she loves me or she wanted to get out of the house.

In preparing the topping I don’t exactly follow the recipe, I never do. To adjust for a bigger 9x14 pan everything is doubled. I add coconut, because cherries and coconut is a natural. After the topping is on I sprinkle a bag of sliced almonds over the top. I hope it’s good.
http://publicserf.blogspot.com
Whine at me: publicserf@yahoo.com
-

No comments: