Monday, July 21, 2003

I wrote this in reply to someone who thinks the war in Iraq is so wrong. I need a post so here it is.

I think butterflies are free, and if they come back then they're really yours, if they don't they never were.

And I think you should make love, not war, but that's hard when you're being run through a shredder machine.

And I think war is harmful for children and other living things, but if the kids are left in prison, they'll just have to roll with the punches.

I think this is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius, but it's hard to tell that when you're strapped down and attached to electrodes.

I think it takes a village to raise a child (to quote Hillary Marx), but that's hard when they're dropping chemicals on your village.

I think you should question all authority especially when it tortures and fills mass graves.

I think you should expand your mind, but that's hard when it's in a vise.

I think you should think outside the box, especially when you're chained to the inside.

I think you should free your mind when you're in shackles.

I think the Iraqi people are happy to be free just so they can sell their oil.

I think "power to the people" but Iraqi democracy may not survive hanging chads.

I think the Iraqi police needed a better PR firm. Because if it feels good, do it, and they did it. Maybe they were just trying to go with the (blood) flow. When it is all said and done, it was just about sex and violence, and those always sell.

I think when in Rome, do as the Romans do. But when in Iraq don't get on the raq.

I think de' nial is not a river in Egypt, but Iraqi war protesters float their boats there.

I think you can't trust anyone over thirty, except me.


http://publicserf.blogspot.com
Whine at me: publicserf@yahoo.com
-

No comments: