Friday, July 25, 2003

Trainboy’s Hogwart’s Express electric train didn’t last long. A rod that connected some wheels broke. It was probably a mistake getting him a steam train, they’re too delicate for a six year-old. So there he sat with track and no train. What to do, what to do?

I bought him another train. He likes the Santa Fe Super Chief, so that’s what he got. The headlight/cab light works too. Kids always like getting something in the mail, it’s like Christmas for them. I ordered it over the web, figuring he’d get a surprise in the mail. We can get additional cars, like a caboose, at the local hobby shop. He’s a happy Trainboy.

He asked me to guess what his favorite Monkee song was. Think, think, think. He bounces up and down to ‘I’m a Believer.’ ‘I’m a Believer?’ “No, ‘Last Train to Clarksville.’” Slap my head, well duh, ‘Trainboy’ and ‘Last TRAIN to Clarksville.’

Parents do not have all the answers. But it can be very helpful it the kids think we do.



http://publicserf.blogspot.com
Whine at me: publicserf@yahoo.com
-

No comments: