Monday, June 28, 2004

6/28
The kids had a 'Herbie the Love Bug' marathon yesterday. They laughed and laughed. When I was their age I laughed too. This time I just shook my head, it was all so unbelievable. You have to suspend disbelief to enjoy these movies, but a car driving on the ceiling of a tunnel is more than even a true believer can believe. You just know that the only way that car can be on the ceiling is with an anti-gravity device- nope, don't have those yet, or with a really sticky tire. By the time a tire got that sticky the car certainly wouldn't be winning any races. I'm sorry, buy I just don't think these films are very realistic. (You think?)

After everybody else went upstairs to bed I surfed the channels. 'When Harry Met Sally' was on. You know a movie is good when you can watch it again and it's still good. I just loved the line near the end when Billy Crystal says, "When you find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, you want the rest of your life to start right away." Aaah, romance. When I saw Super Wife this morning I couldn't help smiling. I love her madly. Maybe for her it was same old, same old, but for me it was the first day of the rest of my life (sniff, sniff, gag).

Perhaps trying to, uh, dampen my spirits , She then sent a container full of her mother's leftover chocolate birthday cake with me to work. Getting it down over breaks and lunch will be a job, it's a lot of cake. When I got to work I went back to the conference room, hoping somebody brought something else that would give me some relief. Somebody brought.... chocolate cake. Oy. She and God are so close, they're both in it together.

No comments: