Tuesday, June 29, 2004

6/29
When I got home yesterday nobody else was there. Having no idea when they'd be home, and being hungry, I did the hunter/gatherer thing on the Happy Refrigerator Hunting Grounds.

This is going to sound odd, but I've hated hotdogs ever since Nader said they were America's deadliest missiles and said what was in them, but lately I don't care. So I got out a hotdog and nuked it (is that appropriate or what?) Then I loaded it up with sauerkraut because it was what I was craving. I also resolved that my next one would be with extra relish, extra mustard, and extra ketchup (out of onions).
No sooner had I taken the first bite than the wife and kids were home. They'd already eaten so it was all fine, no guilt. Sometimes I don't get home till almost 6, so if they're hungry they go for it too. So we're all okay.

Then Super Wife suggested we could watch, "I Am Sam." "Suggested" is just a diplomatic term for "The Queen Commands." It was a terrific movie. I don't know who won the Academy Award for Best Actor that year, but I'm pretty sure Sean Penn was robbed. Considering he played a retarded person, and not just an autistic like Dustin Hoffman had in Rain Main, his was a more impressive accomplishment.

I've never cared for Sean Penn. First he was a hot-headed brat. Then he ran around with Madonna and you knew that wasn't going to last because of the egos involved. Nope, I've never cared for him at all. But in 'I Am Sam' he steps forward as one of the best actors around and I look forward to seeing him again.

No comments: