Thursday, July 01, 2004

7/1
It's 3:00 a.m., I have to call it quits. Work is in a few hours, and I'm leaving work a little early because the Doobie Brothers are playing Clinton Riverboat Days. Hard to believe that a band that used to play the biggest venues is playing Clinton. Regardless, they'll put on a great show. Almost all the original members are back together, they're just a little grayer. And you know that Holy Wife is going to love it when they break into 'Jesus Is Just Alright.'

BTW, ate at another Mexican restaurant with Super Wife. The kids stayed home to play a new video game. It was the first evening out without the kids in years. I had a taco salad, and it was good. But you know, and this is really going to sound hopeless- but I've recently eaten at the three best Mexican restaurants in town and my favorite is....none of them, I prefer Taco Johns. They make a super beefy burrito the way I want it. I am one hopeless gringo.

When we were at the Mexican place Super Wife mentioned to me that she was talking to the kids and she told them they hadn't gotten me anything for Father's Day. (Well, surprise, surprise, surprise!) She asked them what they thought I'd like. Ms. Pikachu chimed right in with "A new car!" She has her heart set on that Bonneville and lobbies hard for it. Super Wife asked me which car it was that I wanted and I told her the gold Sebring, but I knew it was already sold. That thing was loaded with everything. To be realistic a new van would make more sense though so I'm not bitter about it.

I really, really need to get some sleep.

No comments: